The QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool helps users in troubleshooting various issues while working with the appliance , especially those issues, which arise while connecting with the server. you’ll get obviate several perplexing issues using the tool and work efficiently with QuickBooks POS. If you’re wondering the way to connect QuickBooks POS client to the server, then this post are often a help for you. Reading this post until the top , you’ll get to understand more about the QB POS connectivity tool and the way you’ll use it for the error-resolutions.
Main Issues That Can Be Resolved Using Connectivity Tool For QuickBooks POS
In the below-given situations, you’ll utilize the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool to resolve the issues:
- If a technical issue preventing you from accessing the QuickBooks POS application
- Issues while connecting QuickBooks POS client to the server.
- POS Warning 180063: Unable to start out the database service is an erroneous condition which will be resolved by using the QuickBooks POS connectivity Tool.
- The QuickBooks Database Manager Service isn’t running, which is an important utility to attach QuickBooks application to the server.
- Sometimes, it are often your Firewall or Internet security settings which will prevent QuickBooks POS thanks to some security reasons.
How To Utilize QuickBooks Point Of Sale Connectivity Tool?
Several reasons can trigger issues while using QuickBooks POS, like a poor Internet server, or when folder permission and network sharing isn’t configured. The QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool can assist you in these instances. Follow the below-given steps to form the tool work for you:
Step 1: Restart QuickBooks Point Of Sale
In the first place, open QuickBooks POS and follow the below-given steps:
- Open Windows Start menu and sort msc within the search area and further, click Enter
- Now locate QBPOS Database Manager vXX from the list of the services.
- On finding, right-click the service and click on
Step 2: Create A Copy Of Your Company File
To get it done, follow the below-given steps:
- Click Windows icon on your Desktop then open the pc window.
- From the left window, navigate to the below-stated location:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale vXX (latest version)
- Right-click on Data Folder and click on Copy
- Now Paste the copied folder to an appropriate location
Step 3: Download The QuickBooks POS Connection Tool
Moving further, download and run the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool by following the below-given steps:
- Download QuickBooks Point Of Sale using the given link.
- Now save the enter the below-given path:
- For 64-bit:C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX.
- For 32-bit:C:\Program File \Intuit\QuickBooks POS X.
- Open the file once downloaded and run it for the error-resolution.
Troubleshooting The Connectivity Issues In QuickBooks POS
To check if QuickBooks Desktop & POS are connected, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the beginning menu then click Preferences
- Click Integrated Application then further click on Company Preferences
- Launch QuickBooks POS then click Remove
- Select OK
- Open QuickBooks and check if the difficulty is resolved
By following the steps described during this post, you’ll utilize the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to resolve the common QuickBooks POS connection issues. If you’ve got trouble with any of the steps, you’ll contact our support number (800)865-4183. it’ll connect you with one among our QB experts, who will answer all of your queries associated with QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool.